Teen Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The life of Dan...

Go down

The life of Dan... Empty The life of Dan...

Well, I'm just your typical 17-going-on-18 teenage guy living in Houston, Texas.... except "typical" doesn't really describe me that well at all. You can call me Dan or Daniel, everyone in real life calls me Daniel but everyone online calls me Dan.

What's been going on in my life? Well, tomorrow is the first day of my senior year in high school! More exasperated than I am anxious (which is not at all), I am not looking forward to the first week, which is always full of work and stuff to do, places to go, things to see...

Before you ask me what sports I play, let me make this clear........ I DO NOT PLAY SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really unathletic; I exercise frequently but only to stay fit. I would never get on a team or anything...

That being said, I still have a pretty busy life. I'm in this program called IB, which is basically you do craploads of work to get a "global education", whatever that means. I'm currently ranked #6 in my class of about 800 students, so you can see I'm a pretty hard worker when it comes to school. I'm the biggest math geek you've ever met, Abhor and I used to make calculus jokes to each other on MSN. On top of that, I'm very involved. I'm currently in two clubs at my school (Interact and National Honors Society, both community service clubs.) I plan on joining two NEW clubs this year as well, Robotics (i want to be an engineer when I go to college) and Jewish Students Union (yea im jewish, if you have any questions about Judaism like most people do feel free to ask...), the former of which is a HUGE time investment, but it's worth it. Outside of school, I'm VERY active in BBYO, a world-wide Jewish youth group, and I go to religious school every Sunday. Also, I've been playing the bass guitar for two years, and my teacher says I'm his best student o_o. My friends and I are trying to form a band, but the workload of IB keeps screwing us over x(. And seeing that I'm applying to colleges this year, God knows how much success we're gonna have...

I just got back from a trip to Argentina Very Happy it was for a month in Buenos Aires and I had the time of my life. It was literally life-changing. The best way I can describe Buenos Aires is that things in general are just better there. So if you have any questions about Spanish or travelling abroad, just ask me!

Right now I'm starting to get my first girlfriend... yes I know, I'm 17, which is really late. Not sure how its gonna be, but thats one thing I'll be sure to blog on here about.

Well, that's all for now I guess. My dad just got home and he's gonna help me wash my car for school tomorrow because it is covered in bird shit. Please tell me what you would like to know! I'm very open on this site, a lot more than I am on fujiplanet which is where I found out about this place.

So?

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Update 2
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dan o_0 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Dan o_0

Browser : The life of Dan... Google-ChromeV4
Allowance : 16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The life of Dan... :: Comments

Bam

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 pm by Bam

I like it, but you know you can make a blog every day right? Like tell us about your day and things that go on in your life. You dont need to make it one big blog. You can blog in a new topic every day.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:52 pm by Dan o_0

Yes, I know, I'm just giving that information as background for my future updates.

Back to top Go down

jshushij

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:31 pm by jshushij

I joined my school's Jewish club and joined BBYO too. I am in the IB program at my school too. I play sports though and I am gonna join some clubs too. I get good grades and I sorta play instruments. We have a lot in common Razz

Back to top Go down

Sherlip

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 am by Sherlip

Oh the calc jokes...

f woman shall live on!

I'm joining robotics this year too.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Bam

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am by Bam

Sherlip wrote:Oh the calc jokes...

f woman shall live on!

My friend David is in robotics. He says it's so awesome but it's slow at first. Have fun.

Back to top Go down

Ruca

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:12 pm by Ruca

You're lucky you're not Jewish living here; Southerners are complete douchebags. I'm not even Jewish, I just have curly hair, and people give me their stereotypical neo-Nazi CHRISTIAN RULEZ bullshit.

And this is why I hate religion. ANYWAY

Sounds like you've got it pretty good. Hopefully having a girlfriend won't be a problem for ya. Smile Goodluck with that; let us know how it goes.
~Ruca

Back to top Go down

photato pocket979

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:58 pm by photato pocket979

Cool, my sisters were in NHS

Back to top Go down

Sherlip

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm by Sherlip

Bam wrote:
Sherlip wrote:Oh the calc jokes...

f woman shall live on!

My friend David is in robotics. He says it's so awesome but it's slow at first. Have fun.

I was in it freshman year

Ruca wrote:I'm not even Jewish, I just have curly hair, and people give me their stereotypical neo-Nazi CHRISTIAN RULEZ bullshit.
~Ruca

Guilty. My dads gfs kid has a jewfro and hes christian but I call him jewfro

Back to top Go down

Ruca

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:30 pm by Ruca

I don't mind that so much as the whole cheap Jew thing. That pisses me off.
~Ruca

Back to top Go down

Sherlip

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 pm by Sherlip

Ruca wrote:I don't mind that so much as the whole cheap Jew thing. That pisses me off.
~Ruca

How would anyone mistake you for a Jew then? Unless you're saying you're cheap.

Back to top Go down

Ruca

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 pm by Ruca

I'm actually part-Jewish (my father's side of the family), but I was raised Catholic. I thought that telling my friends that would be okay. Hehe...no. Fucking redneck assholes. -.-

It's even more annoying that I'm not cheap - I don't have money all the time, but when I do, I'm more than happy to blow it. When I have decent cash, half the time I'll blow it on my friends who don't.

I feel like a douchebag - go talk about Dan! Dx

Calculus jokes, eh? How did those go? ;D
~Ruca

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:50 pm by Dan o_0

They were fun. My math teacher made us do work on the first day of school today. At least he didn't assign us homework, like my physics and economics teachers did!

My next blog will be bitching about my school.

Back to top Go down

photato pocket979

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:30 pm by photato pocket979

That sucks haha. We were about to have homework in Science but my teacher was too awesome and just made us copy a few words from the board.

Back to top Go down

Sherlip

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:53 pm by Sherlip

Ruca wrote:I'm actually part-Jewish (my father's side of the family), but I was raised Catholic. I thought that telling my friends that would be okay. Hehe...no. Fucking redneck assholes. -.-

It's even more annoying that I'm not cheap - I don't have money all the time, but when I do, I'm more than happy to blow it. When I have decent cash, half the time I'll blow it on my friends who don't.

I feel like a douchebag - go talk about Dan! Dx

Calculus jokes, eh? How did those go? ;D
~Ruca

http://www.xkcd.com/626/

CALCULUS - S - I

liek dat

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:51 pm by Dan o_0

Updated, but the spoiler screwed up.... let me try to fix it

Back to top Go down

The Powder-anator

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 pm by The Powder-anator

Dan o_0 wrote:bitching about my school.

WHOADANCUSSED

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 am by Dan o_0

updated again

Back to top Go down

jshushij

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:32 am by jshushij

Why dont you just take IB classes and not try to get the IB diploma if you think its so much work?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:42 am by Dan o_0

I've already done too much work to change my mind now. im not letting all that i did junior year go to waste.

Back to top Go down

Sherlip

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 am by Sherlip

Girlfriend didn't work out? Damn, now you'll have to spend money.

Back to top Go down

photato pocket979

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 pm by photato pocket979

Sad face.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum