Songs That You Try To Live By?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Ruca on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Ever had a song that had lyrics that really got you thinking? There's two songs by Bob Marley (though I've only heard Sublime's cover) called "One Cup of Coffee / Judge Not".

Oh the road to life is rocky
And you may stumble too
But as you point your finger
Someone else is judging you

Judge not, before you judge yourself
Judge not, if you're not ready for judgment


After I heard that song, I've been trying not to judge people by how they look - just by what they say to me and other people.

Ever had a song do this to you?
~Ruca


Last edited by Ruca on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ruca
Member

Browser :
Posts : 271
Allowance : 330
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 22
Location : I hate this fucking town.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sherlip on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Ruca wrote:Ever had a song that had lyrics that really got you thinking? There's two songs by Bob Marley (though I've only heard Sublime's cover) called "One Cup of Coffee / Judge Not".

Oh the road to life is rocky
And you may stumble too
But as you point your finger
Someone else is judging you

Judge not, before you judge yourself
Judge not, if you're not ready for judgment


After I heard that song, I've been trying not to judge people by how they look - just by what they say to me and other people.

Ever had a song do this to you?
~Ruca

A lot of songs, but mostly I just relate to them instantly without having to ponder their meanings.
avatar
Sherlip
Member

Browser :
Posts : 906
Allowance : 1033
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Ruca on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Same thing, really. I don't like it when a song is blatantly obvious in its meaning (*cough* Cooler Than Me), but I do like a song that can create its own mood and have its own morals without the need to over-analyze it (What I Got).
~Ruca
avatar
Ruca
Member

Browser :
Posts : 271
Allowance : 330
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 22
Location : I hate this fucking town.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sherlip on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Ruca wrote:Same thing, really. I don't like it when a song is blatantly obvious in its meaning (*cough* Cooler Than Me), but I do like a song that can create its own mood and have its own morals without the need to over-analyze it (What I Got).
~Ruca

I'm not that big into "Stoner Music" but nonetheless I agree
avatar
Sherlip
Member

Browser :
Posts : 906
Allowance : 1033
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by It's Julian! on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:08 am

"Dust in the Wind" was the one who made me think a lot. "All we are is Dust In the Wind", "Nothing Lasts forever but the Earth and Sky","I closed my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone."(This line always makes me think of the bad thing I've done before.)

Also did Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

Eye of the Tiger and Sweet Victory always keeps me persevering when I am in hard moments, or really, really hard challenges. "Don't lose the grip, on the dreams on the past, you must fight just to keep them alive!", "Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet/not gonna stop.","The last one to faaall!","Oh the games will begiinn!, and it's Sweet, Sweeet, Sweet Victory, YEAH!"

The whole song, "You're Beautiful" makes me think of my school love. Who, apparently, is hiding me a little secret about someone who's name was revealed by her notebook. But I sill consider her beautiful, and funny, and intelligent, and etc.
avatar
It's Julian!
Member

Browser :
Posts : 41
Allowance : 51
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Omni-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Ruca on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:51 am

Sherlip wrote:
I'm not that big into "Stoner Music" but nonetheless I agree

Fush. xP I'm not either (I have some, but I have some of just about everything). Don't judge me on my worst habit - if everyone did that to everyone else, everyone would be the world's shittiest person.

It's Julian! wrote:"Dust in the Wind" was the one who made me think a lot. "All we are is Dust In the Wind", "Nothing Lasts forever but the Earth and Sky","I closed my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone."(This line always makes me think of the bad thing I've done before.)

Also did Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

Eye of the Tiger and Sweet Victory always keeps me persevering when I am in hard moments, or really, really hard challenges. "Don't lose the grip, on the dreams on the past, you must fight just to keep them alive!", "Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet/not gonna stop.","The last one to faaall!","Oh the games will begiinn!, and it's Sweet, Sweeet, Sweet Victory, YEAH!"

The whole song, "You're Beautiful" makes me think of my school love. Who, apparently, is hiding me a little secret about someone who's name was revealed by her notebook. But I sill consider her beautiful, and funny, and intelligent, and etc.

That's all damn good stuff to live by, man. And that last one is really pretty sweet. =)
~Ruca

avatar
Ruca
Member

Browser :
Posts : 271
Allowance : 330
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 22
Location : I hate this fucking town.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Bam on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:44 am

Mockingbird: Eminem

No more worries rest your head and go to sleep,
maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all
just be a dream.

^When things are tough, it's a good motivation quote. Even if it seems like it would make you more depressed, it gives you hope.




Very Happy My mod color. Very Happy
Sherlip wrote:Bam you are a friggin GFX Godess.
avatar
Bam
Founder AdmiMonster
Founder AdmiMonster

Browser :
Posts : 650
Allowance : 750
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 22
Location : United States; I just want to go to Florida

View user profile http://teenplanet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by It's Julian! on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm

I personally think the most motivating song if EOFT.
avatar
It's Julian!
Member

Browser :
Posts : 41
Allowance : 51
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Omni-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sherlip on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Eye of the Tiger?
avatar
Sherlip
Member

Browser :
Posts : 906
Allowance : 1033
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by It's Julian! on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Oh, yeah, typo:P
avatar
It's Julian!
Member

Browser :
Posts : 41
Allowance : 51
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Omni-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sherlip on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 pm

That song is the shit.

Journey, right....? ... no, wait...
avatar
Sherlip
Member

Browser :
Posts : 906
Allowance : 1033
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Ruca on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Journey? Nuh, Survivor.

And Bam - that actually sounds like a really good line. Time to get another Eminem album...
~Ruca
avatar
Ruca
Member

Browser :
Posts : 271
Allowance : 330
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 22
Location : I hate this fucking town.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Bam on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Ruca wrote:Journey? Nuh, Survivor.

And Bam - that actually sounds like a really good line. Time to get another Eminem album...
~Ruca

It's on Curtain Call and Encore, the new album is great too, but it's not as "wordy" as the older ones.




Very Happy My mod color. Very Happy
Sherlip wrote:Bam you are a friggin GFX Godess.
avatar
Bam
Founder AdmiMonster
Founder AdmiMonster

Browser :
Posts : 650
Allowance : 750
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 22
Location : United States; I just want to go to Florida

View user profile http://teenplanet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sherlip on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:44 pm

"Dust in the Wind" is amazing.
"Eye of the Tiger" as well


I personally prefer to live by "TiK ToK" Very Happy
avatar
Sherlip
Member

Browser :
Posts : 906
Allowance : 1033
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by photato pocket979 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Julian, I love those first two.
avatar
photato pocket979
Member

Browser :
Posts : 406
Allowance : 436
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 22
Location : In the bushes

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JepOL9EMDqU

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sherlip on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Love the Way You Lie is some pretty deep shit

And Incubus' song Drive.
avatar
Sherlip
Member

Browser :
Posts : 906
Allowance : 1033
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs That You Try To Live By?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum